Tuesday 25 October 2011

I have a big neon orange sticky on my screen that says 'Write first' and I really, really, REALLY want to ignore it. Could I have a different sticky, please? A different epiphany, perhaps?

Being angry is still a crappy excuse not to write. Writing makes me happy. It settles me more comfortably into my own skin. I think I'm afraid, too. I'm afraid that I don't know how to finish my other stories. I've forgotten the comfort of a writing schedule; forgotten it physically, as much as emotionally. I remember that it used to make my days feel complete, even if that was all I did.

So enough excuses. I'm off to write. Wish me luck, would you?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!!! I know you can do it and that you will keep doing it. Start from where you are - and know it's not really about outcome, it's about expressing all those wonderful and wise ideas that you hold and how good you feel when you let them out. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, how is the writing going? Caring, inquiring minds want to know:)<3

    ReplyDelete